Brightening a dark room can be a challenge, but it’s also an opportunity to be creative! Here’s a couple of tips to help you lighten up a dark space…
- If you have dark flooring, a lighter colour rug can really brighten the room, as well as making it feel bigger.
2. A light colour on the walls always helps to open up the space.
3. Dress your windows with light coloured curtains or blinds.
4. It might be worth checking that your windows are clean! Fingerprints or grubby marks maybe blocking out some natural light.
5. Where possible, installing new wall lights will help to bounce light off the wall, brightening the space.
6. If you have a particularly dark corner, a table lamp will give the area a cosy glow
- Accesorise; try adding a mirror with a light beside it, or even a beautiful silk floral display (yes we do them too!)