Brightening a dark room can be a challenge, but it’s also an opportunity to be creative! Here’s a couple of tips to help you lighten up a dark space…
- If you have dark flooring, a lighter colour rug can really brighten the room, as well as making it feel bigger.
- A light colour on the walls always helps to open up the space.
- Dress your windows with light coloured curtains or blinds.
- It might be worth checking that your windows are clean! Fingerprints or grubby marks maybe blocking out some natural light.
- Where possible, installing new wall lights will help to bounce light off the wall, brightening the space.
- If you have a particularly dark corner, a table lamp will give the area a cosy glow.
- Accessorise; try adding a mirror with a light beside it, or even a beautiful silk floral display (yes we do them too!).
See also: WALL LIGHTS